Remember that none of these birth control methods protect you against HIV or STDs. They are purely for the prevention of pregnancy:
- IUD: an intrauterine device that is placed in the uterus through the vagina.
- Diaphragm: a dome-shaped cup that fits over the cervix and is used during sexual intercourse.
- Oral contraceptives: an everyday pill that is taken by mouth.
- Intramuscular injection: given quarterly.
- Nuvaring: A small, flexible ring that is placed in the vagina for three weeks at a time.
- Skin implants: implants are placed on the inside of your upper arm so as to be out of view.
Birth control as part of your overall wellness
These options can be custom-tailored to your particular lifestyle, but they can also be disruptive: if you are experiencing unpleasant side effects related to your particular style of birth control, never hesitate to consult us. Give our office in Passaic a call to schedule an appointment so we can help you find the greatest chance of success with birth control.
Dr. Shahrokh Ahkami, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.