Prevention of vaginal yeast infections
At Ahkami Medical Group, we believe in a preventative approach to health care! Therefore we have come up with this list of ways to prevent yeast infections entirely!
It is important to remember that yeast thrives in warm, moist environments. To this end, avoid:
- Douches, vaginal sprays and lotions
- Soaking in hot tubs and baths
- Spending time in wet clothes/bathing suits
Instead, try to:
- Wear loose-fitting cotton underwear
- Limit your intake of processed foods
- Consume foods that contain probiotics such as yogurt
- Always clean the genital area thoroughly
Treating a vaginal yeast infection begins by contacting your doctor
Vaginal yeast infections can be painful and particularly uncomfortable- if you believe you may have one, you should not hesitate to contact a health professional. Most yeast infections respond well and clear up entirely when treated with oral prescription medications and OTC topical antifungal creams. These are both good options that can eradicate yeast infections entirely but it is important to know which to use and how! We can help you there; to this end, give our office in Passaic a call to schedule an appointment today.