What factors matter for menopause?
- Genetics: excepting genetic mutations or unknown factors, your menopause age will likely fall within a few years of your mother’s.
- Ethnicity: certain ethnic groups have menopause at slightly different ages.
- Smoking: is linked to earlier onset of menopause.
- Chemotherapy: can cause earlier onset of menopause.
- Ovarian surgery
What are non-factors when it comes to menopause?
- History of hormonal birth control use
- Age at first period
Menopause services in Passaic
Menopause occurs when a woman’s ovaries cease the production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. The term menopause is often used to refer to the time leading up to a woman’s last period, but this is actually called menopausal transition or perimenopause; menopause refers to when a woman’s menstrual periods stop. At our office in Passaic, we are a key resource for women making the transition to menopause. We offer services in support of your gynecological health and overall wellness during a time of hormonal upheaval and significant body changes. If you are looking for a menopause resource in Passaic, look no further than Ahkami Medical Group in Passaic.