Nutrition for postmenopausal women
Below you will find some basic guidelines that help guide nutritional choices. While this might make for a radical departure for some, it is worth experimenting with diet to determine how a more balanced diet can help you lead a more balanced life.
- Bone health: vitamin D, calcium and magnesium are all important ingredients for maintaining bone density and preventing the onset of conditions like osteoporosis.
- Establish balance in your diet: healthy grains, and the incorporation of plenty of vegetables and fruits daily.
- Choose healthy fats: mono and polyunsaturated fat as opposed to trans and saturated fats.
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients help with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- And what to avoid: excessive caffeine intake, cigarettes, sugar and bad fats.
Menopause services in Passaic
At Ahkami Medical Group, we support women in all phases of life. We help you understand what is happening to your body, what to expect and helping you to establish a healthy and positive outlook on a time of great emotional and physical upheaval. Even small, seemingly insignificant symptoms deserve a discussion if they are causing you concern; if you are interested in finding out more about our services for menopausal women, give our office in Passaic a call to schedule an appointment today.