Ideas for exercise during pregnancy:
- Warm up and cool down: the most important part of any exercise session to get your body in a receptive state for exercise. Warm up and cool down during pregnancy must be gentle to avoid
- Spinning: stationary biking is good for cardiovascular conditioning but should be avoided during the third trimester because balance becomes an issue.
- Weight training: light resistance training is beneficial.
- Running if you have done it before
- Walking: low-risk and good for maintaining circulation with minimal impact for joints in the legs and lower back.
- Water sports: an all star for pregnant women. Water puts the least pressure on your body while working on cardiovascular fitness and muscle toning. There is minimal risk involved in this type of exercise.
Exercises to avoid when pregnant:
- Heavy weight training
- Lying on your stomach
- Standing still for a long time
- High impact sports
- Contact sports
- Scuba diving
- Sports at altitude
Our services for pregnant women in Passaic
Your body and pregnancy are unique; your exercise plan should be the same. At our office in Passaic we can walk you through the why and how of exercising during pregnancy, as it relates to your individual body and medical history. Our goal is to ensure you have the safest and healthiest pregnancy possible for both mother and child. Give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.