Planning for menopause in Passaic
As you move forward in age, a natural impulse is to wonder about, "the change," menopause and when it will occur. This is especially prevalent for women who are planning for children, as it puts a timeline on their years of fertility. Accordingly, it is helpful to know which factors actually matter when it comes to determining the age you will reach menopause.
What factors matter for menopause?
- Genetics: excepting genetic mutations or unknown factors, your menopause age will likely fall within a few years of your mother's.
- Ethnicity: certain ethnic groups have menopause at slightly different ages.
- Smoking: is linked to earlier onset of menopause.
- Chemotherapy: can cause earlier onset of menopause.
- Ovarian surgery
What are non-factors when it comes to menopause?
- History of hormonal birth control use
- Age at first period
Menopause services in Passaic
Menopause occurs when a woman's ovaries cease the production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. The term menopause is often used to refer to the time leading up to a woman's last period, but this is actually called menopausal transition or perimenopause; menopause refers to when a woman's menstrual periods stop. At our office in Passaic, we are a key resource for women making the transition to menopause. We offer services in support of your gynecological health and overall wellness during a time of hormonal upheaval and significant body changes. If you are looking for a menopause resource in Passaic, look no further than Ahkami Medical Group in Passaic.