The first trimester of pregnancy brings an onslaught of changes to a woman's body
A missed period is the first sign of pregnancy, but don't be surprised if you see a little bleeding; this is a natural occurrence as the fertilized egg implants itself into the uterus. Other early symptoms of pregnancy include:
- Fatigue: a natural occurrence as your body attempts to get used to pregnant life. Expect energy to return during the second trimester of pregnancy
- Morning sickness: caused by the tumult of pregnancy hormones, this nausea and vomiting during the first few months of pregnancy is very common and can occur at any time of day.
- An expanding waistline: as the baby and uterus begin to grow, expect to see your waistline follow.
- Moodiness: also tied with pregnancy hormones, mood can be less than stable during pregnancy.
- Feeling lightheaded: due to the extra blood production involved in supporting a child.
- Frequent urination: the growth of your uterus creates a compression on your bladder
- Breast changes: breasts may feel tender or swollen.
- Vaginal changes: the lining of the vagina becomes thicker. A thin, whitish discharge is considered normal during pregnancy, as is mild bleeding or spotting; however, please call us if you experience vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy. If you experience vaginal bleeding that is severe or painful, go to the emergency room.
- Skin changes: increased blood circulation creates a glow in your skin.
Our services for first trimester pregnancies in Passaic
If you suspect you are pregnant and are looking for confirmation, a home pregnancy test is an accurate indicator. However, at our office in Passaic, we can give you a definitive answer and talk to you about the next steps in prenatal care. We want you to walk away feeling secure and confident about your pregnancy going forward; if you are expecting a child, give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.