Dispelling taboos surrounding ob/gyn appointments
Your next health check up can be more than just a standard in-and-out appointment- we are a confidential sounding board for your worries related to your health; we are a source of knowledge and expertise related to your health and the conditions you are facing. So here are a few things to keep in mind when approaching your next appointment:
- The more detail the better: it's as simple as that; the more information we know, the better we can treat you.
- Let us know what medications and supplements you are taking.
- Honesty is the best policy: Nothing is considered superfluous when it comes to your health.
Tell us if:
- You are experiencing changes in your period: there are many reasons for a change in your period and it is important to know the exact cause.
- If you sometimes bleed after sex: the occurrence of blood after sex once is usually nothing to worry about, but if it recurs, it is worth bringing up with us- it can alert us to the preesence of infection, dryness or precancerous tissue in the cervix.
- If sex is painful: this is something we often help women with- because there are multiple reasons why sex may be painful, we can help you determine why and what to do about it.
Your Passaic ob/gyn specialist
All things considered, the more detail we receive, the more comprehensive a picture we can paint of your overall health. This helps us deliver a more personalized level of care which in turn helps you to live a better life! For your next ob/gyn appointment in the Passaic area, give our office a call!
Dr. Shahrokh Ahkami, M.D.