For women in the Passaic area, reducing your chances of contracting STIs begins with practicing safe sex
In other words, protect yourself! No barrier method is 100% effective for preventing pregnancy or the spread of STIs, but by using a barrier method each and every time you have sex, you are giving yourself the greatest possible chance of protecting yourself. Condoms for example, while there is always a risk of them breaking, are effective at controlling the spread of chlamydia and gonorrhea, which are two of the most damaging STIs to a woman's fertility.
Know when to get tested for STIs in Passaic
- Are you sexually active?
- Have you had unprotected sex?
- Are you showing symptoms of STIs?
- Do you have a new sexual partner?
- Does your current partner have other partners?
- Does your current partner have an STI or symptoms of an STI?
- Are you unsure whether your partner has STIs
- Do you have a history of intravenous drug use?
- Are you pregnant?
Keeping yourself protected from STIs in the Passaic area
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, it is worth getting yourself tested. At Ahkami Medical Group, we offer a nurturing environment where you can have an open and honest conversation about your sexual history with a medical professional. For sexually active women of all ages, STI testing is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Give our office in Passaic a call to start the conversation today.