Look to us for birth control options in Passaic, NJ
Birth control is a powerful way to influence wellness. Birth control in itself is a big decision and that is before you get down to all the different methods available these days.With the sheer number of options available to women specifically, choosing which birth control is right for you can be overwhelming and the internet seems to make the decision even more convoluted. With situations like these, we always find that a conversation with a health professional is the best place to start. Let us take the difficulty out of the decision-making process by sitting down together and discussing the option that fits your body best.
Options for birth control: which one meet your needs?
Remember that none of these birth control methods protect you against HIV or STDs. They are purely for the prevention of pregnancy:
- IUD: an intrauterine device that is placed in the uterus through the vagina.
- Diaphragm: a dome-shaped cup that fits over the cervix and is used during sexual intercourse.
- Oral contraceptives: an everyday pill that is taken by mouth.
- Intramuscular injection: given quarterly.
- Nuvaring: A small, flexible ring that is placed in the vagina for three weeks at a time.
- Skin implants: implants are placed on the inside of your upper arm so as to be out of view.
Birth control as part of your overall wellness
These options can be custom-tailored to your particular lifestyle, but they can also be disruptive: if you are experiencing unpleasant side effects related to your particular style of birth control, never hesitate to consult us. Give our office in Passaic a call to schedule an appointment so we can help you find the greatest chance of success with birth control.
Dr. Shahrokh Ahkami, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.